Sunday 27 February 2011

Super Wicked Awesome Release on Addicting Games

First up I wanna say thank you to you all who've played the game and enjoyed it - the comments and feedback you are giving are amazing and make me feel all happy and gooey inside!


I also want to thank Addicting games for being so kind as to sponsor and host the game. I salute you.


I have to say that the best thing for me is reading the comments - particularly when they say how much you like the game! I want to hear from people who have unlocked all the medals and have got all the guns! I saw that SuperCoolKid2000 has done. You sir, are super wicked awesome! But there must be others out there. Drop me a comment if you have.


Also, huge props to this gameplay video. I think you're better at the game then I am! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIHjvpho3OA


I've got a new game cooking away and it is going to blow you out the water!
Until then keep playing and supporting Super Wicked Awesome on Addicting Games.
http://www.addictinggames.com/super-wicked-awesome-game.html


x Jay

2 comments:

  1. Tell me: do you have any serious work happening in your input handlers (i.e., adjusting the gun sprite's drawn angle when you move the mouse)? Because the game lags as if that's what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not entirely sure what you mean - could you be a bit more specific? Do you know actionscript? The whole game is run from one onEnterFrame = function() handler, but I have a feeling thats not what you meant...

    Although the game is undoubtedly not 100% code efficient (it was my first game so go easy!) I think the real reason why some people are experiencing lag is the high graphic intensity. If its lagging for you right click and turn the quality down.

    My next project will avoid this problem by import the level as a vector, redrawing it as a bitmap and then removing the vector. This has turned out to be an incredibly efficient system and will mean there will be little to no lag next time round.

    I hope to be more helpful though - let me know what you mean specifically and I can answer you more accurately.

    ReplyDelete