Wednesday 19 January 2011

New Project, new games!

Just thought I'd announce that I'm working on two games simultaneously at the moment. The first one is a platformer called 'They took her'. In it you get cool jedi like force powers to choke your enemies or throw them around the levels. Its designed to use your game pad and will include puzzles as well as combat. My damn ambitiousness keeps making me want to add silly things like a pet or the power of flight, but I have to remind myself to keep it simple - the limitations create the gameplay challenges. The whole idea was to make something pretty simple and instant. I'm pretty sure it will get out of hand though!


The second game is what I'm calling an 'arcade RPG'. Basically you roam around the land and can buy commodities from towns (wood, stone, spices, etc) to make gold. With the gold you buy troops who protect you. I've got about 4 types of people in and 3 and a half towns. The fighting is mostly in as well. Its going to be a pretty beautiful game as well. I'm very pleased with the way its going.


So there you have it - I'm not sure which one I'll get stuck in to but they are both very different and present different challenges which I like! :)


Screenshots to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment